Friday 24 May 2013

...colour on white shadow stamping

This is a technique I learned from a video made by my IDOL, the amazing, Jennifer Mcguire.  I just love everything she does, the lady has' the midas touch' without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion...and boy does she make it look easy!

So here's the card...



The technique does require a certain type of stamp set that needs to include a solid block background, and a detail/outline toppe.  I used the 'Basic grey lotus' set.  It is then simply a case of stamping your 'block' in a white ink (I like 'colourbox frost white' as it is so, well, white :/ ) on kraft card, and stamping your 'topper' in whatever colour/inks you desire.  I found I got the best results by using 'verscolour' pigment ink, I also got a lovely result from using the 'catseye' chalk inks, but it's probably best to experiment for your-self and see what looks you prefer.  To finish the card I die cut a heart and placed a sentiment from the, 'Tim Holtz nature's elements', stamp set behind it.  I then completed the look with a little faux stitching around the edge and some little pearls in the flower centres.   I am going to try this technique, but in reverse, in all different colours, and on various card stock, so will be sure to post my results.  Hope you like x


No comments:

Post a Comment