Saturday 5 April 2014

make the day special...


Well, one of my favourites ever ever of all time ... make the day special, are now starting to hold weekly challenges which I am rather excited about.  I love playing along with blog challenges as it allows me to just have some fun, which is surely what it's all about, yes?  So for the first challenge, it is literally 'anything goes'.  The only rules are that you have to use stamps they supply ... which really isn't that hard for me as I may, or may not, spend far too much in their online shop :/ ...oopsy.


So I did a few different cards with recently purchased stamps, and will upload them all ... but here's my first entry ...



It's such a simple card but I think it came out pretty cute.

The background is distress inks, 'misted' on my craft mat & my card 'smooshed' through the puddle to create this lovely watercolour effect.  I then stamped my images using 'Lawn fawn - oh happy day' stamp set (soooooooo cute).

I wanted to keep it very simple, so instead of adding more colour to my images - i took it out.  I did this by 'blotting' the images with water & kitchen paper to remove the background colours. I love this effect, just so simple but effective.

The sun was stamped using more distress ink but that, again, had been misted to create a watercolour effect.  A little matting & layering onto kraft card & there you have it.

Sweet & simple, I hope you agree :)


2 comments:

  1. I have such a grin on my face reading how we're your favourite :-D I'd do a blushing emoticon if I knew how!
    I love your card - "taking out" the colour is a very neat technique and works perfectly with the set you chose to play with.
    Thanks so much for joining in with our inaugural challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful background, love the subtle watercolour effect :0) Glad you had some fun joining in with our first monthly challenge :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete