Friday 18 April 2014

More Mama Elephant love...

So, I just wanted to share another card I have made for the Mama Elephant blog challenge.  I admit it - my "name is Jill Neary and I am a cute stamp addict", and they don't come much cuter or sweeter than Mama Elephant stamps.  

The challenge this month is a 'picture inspiration challenge', so first of all here's the picture...





...and here's what I came up with...








I took inspiration from the clean, calmness of the picture and decided to use acetate as my card base to mirror the texture of the bottles.

Using the Mama Elephant 'love quotes' set, I stamped my sentiment in clear embossing powder and 'washed' over using tumbled glass, broken china, and salty ocean distress inks as watercolours.  Once this was completely dry, I ironed the embossing powder off (my current favourite technique - I just love how it leaves you with with beautiful, clean, sleek, one dimensional layer).  I then created my card base using acetate and attached my 'inner card' using clear tape at the back so it would not be visible.  I then embellished with a few sequins and clear dew drops, and that was it.

I wanted to keep this card as clean and crisp as possible to represent my take on the picture challenge.

I hope you like it, I would love to read your comments xxx











No comments:

Post a Comment