Monday 30 June 2014

Be a hero...

Hi everyone,

Today I'm sharing a few cards I made to enter into the 'One Layer Challenge', going on over at the Hero Arts Blog,

I literally LOVE Hero Arts so was the perfect excuse to get all my stamps and inks out and have a good play.  The clue is in the title, it's a 'one layer' challenge, 'use one piece of cardstock as your card base, with no additional paper layers'.

And here's my first effort...




My card base is made from watercolour paper and I started by heat embossing the 'flower dot background' onto it in clear embossing powder.  I then masked off my butterfly and coloured it using Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky distress ink and added some extra colour and detail to it using Dusty Concord and Mustard Seed distress ink as watercolour paint.  I then painted the whole of the background using two different shades of yellow/orange Peerless watercolour paint.  Once all the paint was dried, I ironed the embossing powder off to leave a more 'batik' effect. The sentiment is from the 'Just a note' set as I thought it matched the design perfect, and is heat embossed in Liquid Platinum.  I added a few sequins to embellish and there you have it.

I really hope you like it and please feel free to comment.

jillxxx





1 comment:

  1. It't stunning! I love the color combo and the butterfly just pops from the page. Very hard to accept it is just one layer as it looks very sophisticated! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete