Thursday 19 June 2014

Make the day special...

Well, it's no secret how much I love the folk over at Make the day special. They're always on the ball with the supplies they carry...the only problem is that I neeeeeeed it all and spend far too much in their online store haha.  So I thought I'd make good use of my swag, and play along with their monthly challenge.

This month the challenge is a 'sketch' to use as inspiration, and here it is...


and you can find all the details here...


And here's my entry...




I have been hoarding my Lawn Fawn 'Into the woods' stash since it was released last year haha, I just couldn't come to terms with using it, I just wanted to look at it, & stroke it, & love it haha....but then the new releases came along, and I thought, 'be brave', Jill, and get cutting!  So I put my big girl pants on & went for it!

The backing papers are from Lawn Fawn's 'into the woods' paper pad and I used my Avery Elle 'custom panels' to cut my shape perfect.  I then built up my Lawn Fawn 'hello' die by cutting it out of yellow card stock several times, adhering them together, and in-laying it into my background.  I then made it 'pop' by covering in glossy accents.  The banner I cut out of vellum and added the neat and sweet little arrow stamp from Avery Elle's 'oh happy day' set, and embossed it in Ranger 'liquid platinum' embossing powder.  I then embellished with a cute little bow made of twine, and a few little sequins.

And there you have it.

I do hope you like it.  I would love to know your opinions so please feel free to leave a comment.  See you next time.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. You're making me blush with all these nice comments - thanks so much :-)

    I LOVE your card - the yellow hello pops fabulously off the background (my fave patterns from that pad I only have a tiny bit of the chevrons left now :(....)

    Thanks so much for taking the time to enter our challenge :-D

    Tara
    Make the Day Special Stamp Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Jill... so simple and bold!! Fabulous colour combo and well done for getting stuck into the yummy papers (FYI.. I'm not great at that either *wink*).
    Apologies for my late visit, thanks for playing along with us at MtDS Challenge x

    ReplyDelete