Sunday 29 June 2014

Shake it with love...

Hi everyone,

Just want to share a shaker card I made just for the fun of it;  and here it is...






I love a good shaker card, they're just so fun and tactile with so many possibilities...surely a shaker card can put a smile on anybodies face :)  

So,  I started with a piece of kraft card and die-cut these three adorable heart balloons from Paper Smooches 'balloon' set, and covered them, from the back, in acetate.  I then followed the shape of the balloons in shaker tape to create little self-contained compartments in which to pop my Martha Stewert 'Tinsel glitter'.  Once my little balloons were full of glitter, I then covered the whole thing with a piece of cream card. Then, to make the balloons stand out as actual balloons, I added little strings to them with black thread. I then die-cut 6 or 7 Paper Smooches 'love word' die-cuts and glued them together to create a more substantial sentiment, in-laid it into the card base, and covered in glossy accents.  I  made a small cream on black banner as a mat to stamp my 'you' onto, embellished with a few complimentary sequins and there you have it.  

I love how this card came out...and my favourite thing about it is that Simon Says Stamp 'liked' it on Instagram :) :) :) ...talk about a compliment...talk about making a girl happy!!!  I can't tell you how over the moon that made me :) :) :) 

As always,  I hope you like it and would love to read any comments you are kind enough to leave.

jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment