Monday 23 June 2014

Simon says love your friends :)

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I made for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, which this week is 'You gotta have friends', a lovely idea for a challenge to create something for a friend.

And here's what I came up with...





This is actually an acetate card that I planned on being clear, but I made a last minute change and decided to add that lovely pool glitter card on the back - I'll post pics of the card as I planned it also, and see which you prefer.

The stamp set I used is Avery Elle's 'Red & Goldie', which I LOVE!!!!  It is just so cute. I coloured my image using distress inks as watercolours and trimmed with a little black card and some yellow polka dot paper from the amazing Lawn Fawn 'Lets polka' pad.  

I finished the card with some cream twine and a small wood veneer heart which i coloured and clear heat embossed.

Here is the card before I added the pool glitter card, I'm still undecided which one I prefer as I do love an acatate card, but I do really like the contrast between the pool and the yellow.  Hmmm, what do you think?







I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment.

jill xxx





2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the angled panel and the cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..love this sweet image and your card design. Thank you so much for playing along in the You Gotta Have Friends Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete