Monday 30 June 2014

Stamping with water...

Hi everyone,

Here's another a card I made to enter into the awesome Hero Arts 'One layer Challenge' where the challenge is, yup, you guessed it, to use only one layer.

And here it is...




I started with a piece of watercolour card, scored in the middle to create a top folding tent card.  I covered my whole card front in distress inks: Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, and Spiced Marmalade, making sure I put a lot of ink down.  I then spritzed my Hero Arts 'Starburst' background stamp with water, and stamped this onto my cardstock;  so instead of stamping with, and adding more, ink, I removed some, creating this awesome 'bleach' look and leaving me with a gorgeous two tone effect.  I then created some inky 'splatters' using Picked Raspberry distress ink and a water brush.  My 'Make a Wish' sentiment is from Hero Arts 'It's your day' set and I stamped it right in the centre of the sunburst design, for maximum effect, in Ranger's 'black sparkle' embossing powder..  I then added a few black enamel dots and there you have it.

I have to admit, I love how this card turned out and I hope you do too.  As always, please feel free to comment.

See you next time.

jillxxx   








1 comment:

  1. that beautiful color really caught my yeye. Great job

    ReplyDelete