Wednesday 16 July 2014

Embossing paste on acetate...

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.  I am enjoying a well deserved and over-due day off so thought I would share a few cards I made for the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge which this week is 'Let's be clear'.

Now I'm pretty sure I am not alone in being slightly obsessed with embossing paste at the moment, so thought I would have a play around and see what the effects are like when using on acetate.

And here's my result...







I started by creating my card blank from acetate and scored to create a top folding card.  I then taped my front to my craft mat and covered small polka dot mask in Cosmic Shimmer silver glitter embossing paste.  I LOVE this stuff, it comes in some incredible colours and is so easy to work with.  I then die cut a circle from vellum, (well, why not go the whole hog and go clear all the way), and heat embossed this gorgeous sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Splendid' set - one of my all time favourite sets!  I then used my EK success circle scissor to create this thin silver circle frame to bring it all together and adhered to the card using small amounts of clear glue gel behind the frame.

I didn't have time, but when I send this card out, I will die cut a circle the same size as the vellum to pop on the back of the card for my message to go on.

I was really happy with the effect and instantly had to try the same thing with some of my other favourite masks (see other posts).  So another reason to love embossing paste!  These fellas just keep giving ey?

Well, I hope you like it, as always, I would love to read your comments.

See you next time.

Jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment