Saturday 19 July 2014

Let's go dotty! ...

Hi everyone,

Today I'm posting a very quick and simple card I made for the, ever awesome, Simon says stamp Wednesday blog challenge, which this week is 'Spots and dots'.

I love spots, and I love dots so have a stash full of spotty and dotty stamps, patterned papers, stencils etc etc - but I decided a while ago to try and use my embossing folders more, so took this as the perfect excuse to stick to my word!  ...and here's my card...




My background is Coordination's card in blue and green, pieced together using Lawn Fawn's 'Grassy border die'.  I embossed the whole piece using a spotty embossing folder, and sanded back to show the kraft card beneath, giving it this organic, hearty feel.  I stamped my little chicks and sentiment from Lawn Fawn's 'Chit Chat' set, also on Coordination's beige card, and sanded these back also.  I covered all  my pieces in clear Wink Of Stella, and then applied Glossy Accents to finish .  I mounted my finished front on to black card and added a few little silver gems to add a wee bit of sparkle, and there you have.  An exceptionally quick and simple, yet cute and effective card.

I hope you agree.

See you soon.

Jillxxx


1 comment:

  1. love the lawn fawn images you used :) the embossed background is so cool! thank you so much for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete