Friday 19 September 2014

Cascading paper leaves...

Hi there,

I want to share a card I have made for the challenge going on over at A blog Named Hero, which this time round, is 'Papers, Please', and you can find all the deets here...

A Blog Named Hero

I make cards, and am obsessed with all things crafty...so it goes without saying that I LOVE HERO ARTS!!!  Don't we all?  They are like, the ultimate, right?

And here's my card...




My best friend said to me the other day, "we went to sleep, and when we woke up, it was Autumn!", and she was soooo right, it has just crept up on us and, all of a sudden, the leaves are falling from the trees!  So that's what inspired this card.  I chose Cosmo Cricket's, 'Earth Love' paper pad as I thought it just 'fit' perfect.  I chose my favourite papers from the pad, and stamped out a ton of different leaves from Hero Arts', 'Real Leaves' set, clear heat embossing them as I went.  I then fussy cut all of my leaves, and inked them up using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  When I had enough, I layered them up until I was happy with how they looked, then glued them down at the bases, making sure to leave the upper parts of the leaves free to manipulate.  I then cut my card front aperture with a craft knife, leaving a 1/2" border the whole way round, and adhered it over the top, pulling the odd leaf out here and there to create this kind of 'cascading' effect.  My sentiment is from Hero Arts, 'Freinds' set, and is stamped in Archival Sepia onto vellum, and cut out using a Spellnbinders die.  I thought my 'cascading leaves' were pretty busy on their own, so embellished with a simple twine bow with a teeny little pearl in the middle, and there you have it.

I hope you like it, please let me know your thoughts.

Jillxxx

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Jill! The patterned papers and colours are perfect for your fall card - love all the texture from the leaves too. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete