Wednesday 17 September 2014

Simon Says 'Make Your Own Background'...

Hi there,

I'm sharing a couple of cards today which I have made for the, ever awesome, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which this week is, 'Make Your Own Background'.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

And here's my card...



A very simple card, but I think it will work well for those people, we all know, who like a no fuss no nonsense kinda vibe.

I started with a piece of kraft card, and repeatedly stamped out my 'Hello There' sentiment from Hero Arts' 'Heyday sentiment' set, on the diagonal, in Versamark Ink.  When the whole background was covered, I heat embossed the in clear powder, to give this very neutral tone on tone effect.  I then repeatedly stamped the same sentiment along a piece of vellum, this time heat embossing in white, and adhered to the card front with clear dimensional adhesive, camouflaged behind the bolder areas.  I matted onto black card and embellished with a few little pearls (which could be left off for a 'guy' card).

And there you have it.  So simple, but I really like how it came out.  I hope you do too.

As always, I'd love to read any comments so don't be shy, and be sure to check out my next post for a much more feminine take on the same theme.

Jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment