Wednesday 17 September 2014

Simon Says 'Make Your Own Background' ...#Take2 ...

Hi there,

I'm back again (very quickly as I'm panicking about making sure I have plenty time to link-up eeeeeeeeeek).

I am sharing another card I have made for the superb Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which this week is 'Make Your Own Background'.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

And here's my card...




I started with a piece of plain white cardstock and repeatedly stamped this 'you' stamp from Simon Says Stamps 'Expressions for you' set, in various Hero Arts Shadow Inks (Tide Pool, Bubblegum, Raspberry Jam, and Charcoal).  I then stamped out the 'ARE A WONDERFUL FRIEND', from the same set, in Versamark Ink onto a vellum panel and heat embossed in Ranger's 'Black Sparkle' powder.  I then punched out some heart confetti, and heat embossed it using Ranger's 'Liquid Platinum', topped in a clear sparkle.  I adhered my little hearts to the front of my vellum panel, and used these areas to place my adhesive on the back so it wouldn't show through when mounted.  I matted onto black card to help the sentiment 'pop', and there you have it.

Now I'm not gonna lie...i LOVE how this card came out, I think it's pretty yet bold.  If you have seen my previous post, I made another card for the same challenge, using pretty much the same techniques, and yet they could not be more different, which I love!  This craft of ours is just soooo versatile.

As always, I'd love to read your comments.

Thanks for your time.

Jillxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment