Thursday 16 October 2014

Anything goes at ME...

Hi everyone,

Now, first things first...HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY MAMA ELEPHANT!!!

...And to celebrate to myself, I'm sharing a card I'm entering into the October Mama Elephant challenge, which this time round is 'Anything goes', woop woop.


And here's my card...




I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Mama Elephant, I mean my bank balance may not be so keen, but I don't let that come between us LOL.  I used the 'Polar Pals' set to make this card, I was aiming for a kind of 'stark Arctic' kinda vibe...which resulted in a very light card that didn't photograph too great, but hey ho.  So I started with a piece of watercolour card and dry embossed it (something I don't do nearly enough!), with a small polka dotted folder.  I then used Distress Inks, (Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac) misted with water on my craft sheet, to create a water colour wash over my card.  I then die cut a circle frame from the centre, and a small banner, and watercolour washed, again, in Distress Inks (Seedless Preserve, and Milled Lavender).  I also water colour washed a separate piece of card to use as my background, in Shaded Lavender, and when this piece was dry, I stencilled a star mask in texture paste and topped with white glitter to add interest and sparkle.  For my gorgeous little penguins, I wanted to practise the 'no line' colouring technique, which I am still very new to, and realising that it is VERY hard when your characters are so teeny!  But practise makes perfect, and I love how it looks when done well, so i will persevere!  I stamped my sentiment onto my banner using silver embossing powder and built up my scene using foam adhesive to give dimension.  I embellished with a trickle of silver gems, (hopefully) like a little cascade of ice chips (Ok, Jill, calm down), and there you have it.

I hope you like, i would love to read your comments.

Jillxxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those Polar pals are too sweet! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete