Thursday 16 October 2014

Avery Elle #17 - Tags

Hi everyone,

I want to share a card I made for the challenge going on over at Avery Elle, which this time round, is Tags.  Cool huh?

Challenge 17

And here's my card...




Ok, hands up, I am truly madly deeply in love with this stamp set!  It's 'Noel' from Avery Elle, and it is just unreal.  It's cool, and bold, and folksy, and wow, I just love it!  So i cut a tag using a Paper Smooches die, white heat embossed my sentiment on it, and inked it up with Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserve, and Chipped Sapphire, using the embossing powder as a resist.  I then cut my background panel from plain white card and repeated the process, this time heat embossing a selection of snowflakes from the same set to act as a resist.  I used Mama Elephant's 'Femme Frames' die to cut my vellum panel, and heat embossed these gorgeous doves (Yup, you guessed it, from the Noel set...told you it was awesome!), using Ranger's 'Black Sparkle' powder.  I added a tie of ribbon, and constructed my layers, using foam adhesive on my vellum and tag to add dimension.

And there you have it.  I hope you like it, I would love to read your comments.

Jillxxx



2 comments:

  1. The colors on your card are just so yummy! Great job on this card, and thank you for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge. Hope you can play along next month, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - this is AWESOME!! I love how you used the vellum to mute the bold background! And those sweet doves . . . darling!! Thanks so much for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete