Saturday 11 October 2014

falling for fall...

Hi everyone,

Just a quickie (oo-er) to share a card I made to to play along with a couple of cool challenges happening this week.

There's the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, which this week is 'Falling in Love with...' and the bi-weekly challenge going on over at Lawnscaping, which this time is 'Patterned Papers.

                        Simon Monday Challenge Blog         

And here's my card...




I made a very similar card to this a few weeks back, but something just wasn't 'right' about it.  I loved the concept, but not the result, so wanted to give it another go, and this is where it took me.

So I took my 'Stictched Leaves' die, and 'Into the Woods' paper pad, all from the delightful Lawn Fawn, and, well, pretty much went to town with them!  I chose a selection of papers I wanted to work with, and cut a load of leaves, inking all the edges as I went.  I then cut an aperture from another piece of patterned paper, using Lawn Fawn's 'Stiched journaling card' die, and built my scene behind it by layering
  my leaves on top of each other.  The idea is to give the impression of the leaves cascading down.  I then die cut a leaf from vellum and stamped out my sentiment from Lawn Fawn's 'Into the Woods' set, and added a little twine bow to it.  I sprinkled a few little gems and sequins over my leaves, like little jew drops of rain, to embellish, and there you have it.

Now I'm gonna be honest...I'm still not feeling it 100%...Fall's gonna be well and truly over before I master this design LOL!  

Thanks for stopping.  Hopefully see you next time.]

Jillxxx


6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is AMAZING!!! LOVE your pp leaves! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!! / Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect! I love this textured leaf pattern you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so incredibly clever! I love all the layers of leaves that you incorporated and I especially like how you put the sentiment on a vellum leaf in the corner. I think the traditional Fall elements are fabulous, but you made them modern and fresh by including things like polka-dotted leaves. So creative! I like the bits of bling that the sequins bring, too. Thank you so much for sharing this piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Love all of the fun different leaves and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea, love your card...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out awesome! It looks more like a work of art than a card! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete