Friday 24 October 2014

Hey there...

Hi everyone,

A quick share of a card I made today to enter into a couple of my favourite challenges, of which you can find the details here -

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog



And here's my card...



I started with a piece of kraft card, and used my Hero Arts, 'Triangle Pattern stencil' and Ranger's embossing paste, (which I coloured using Mustard Seed distress Ink), to create a dimensional, colourful background.  I then die cut this speech bubble from a Mama Elephant set, then die-cut 'HEY' from it, using Lawn Fawn's, 'Quinn's ABC's' dies, and edged everything in Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  I then backed my die-cut with some patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's, 'Let's Polka' paper pad to make the letters 'pop'.  I stamped out my little birdies form Lawn Fawn's, 'Hello Sunshine' set, again, using some paper from 'Let's Polka', and cut them out.  I added a scrap of twine behind my sentiment, and a little ribbon banner with a black enamel heart, and there you have it.  A very simple card, but I really like how it came out, it kinda reminds me of Pop Art.  Now you might be thinking, 'yup, plenty kraft, but where's the 'recycle/upcycle'...well, everything other than my card base has been made up by using my scraps...and the twine behind my sentiment...well I used that to wrap up by boyfriend's birthday present the other day...before quickly swiping it back, once said present was open, to 'recycle', LOL.  Don't judge me - you'd do the same, right? ...Right haha.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment