Friday 24 October 2014

Mama Elephant October Challenge...

Hi everyone,

I'd love to share a card I've made for the October Challenge going on over at Mama Elephant, which this month, is 'Anything Goes'.


And here's my card...





October has already rocked my world!  Soooo many awesome releases, and Mama Elephant have been top of the class!  And this stamp I've used right here, from the 'Peace On Earth' set, my oh my, absolute perfection.  I don't know how they do it, but they do, they just get it right every time!  So I obviously couldn't wait to ink this bad boy up so set to work straight away!  I started with a white card blank, stamped out this huge sentiment in Versmark ink, and clear heat embossed to create a resist.  I then inked over it using Seedless Preserve, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, and spritzed over the top using a shimmer mist.  I used a Studio Calico star mask covered with texture paste and sparkly embossing powder to create my star background.  Once dried, I heat set my embossing powder.  I also took some star wood veneers, and covered them in Versmark Ink and sparkly embossing powder to embellish with.  I used Mama Elephants 'Basic Set Creative Cuts' dies to create some layers, and made my own glitter card by edging plain white card in glue, and sprinkling with white glitter.  And there you have, a simple but bold card...a lot of inking, and a lot of embossing!

I hope you like it.

Jillxxx



4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous, those sparkly stars are perfect! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful card! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete