Tuesday 17 February 2015

Dreaming is believing...

Hi everybody,

Well what can I say, how very very exciting...this is my first ever post as a 'guest designer' for the, always awesome, Make The Day Special blog!  I can't tell you how much I love MTDS, it's like my favourite place on the internet haha, so what an absolute honour!  And I am beyond thrilled to share my card with you, and here it is...





I have used WPlus9's 'Dream Believer' stamp set, and 'Dreamcatcher' die (which are both currently in stock in the store...just click on the links) with a whole lotta Distress Ink as watercolour to create my card.  I love the recent trend with dreamcatchers, there's something just so cool and gentle about them, and that's where I took my inspiration from, to create a kind of floaty, chilled out vibe...if you know what I mean?!  So I cut all the elements from my die out of watercolour card and washed the various bits in different Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed), also partly washing my background panel through the same inks at the same time.  I inked my 'Dream Believer' stamp up, again with the same inks, and misted with water so that it spread all over the background. Once dry, I stamped the same stamp again, right over the top, in Versmark, and heat embossed in a Silver Sparkle powder.  I tried to keep some dimension to my dreamcathcher die when building it up to add to the floaty feel.  I embellished with a few teeny tiny stars that are actually intended for nail art but hey ho, if it works it works, right? And that was pretty much that!  
I really really reeeeally hope you like it, and hope to see you again :)


Thanks so much for looking, and I wish you all a dreamy day!

Jillxxx 







No comments:

Post a Comment