Sunday 10 May 2015

Better with Special friends...

Hi everybody,

Here's my second post for the awesome Make The Day Special Blog.  I still can't believe I'm part of their amazing Design Team! Unreal chuffed :)  And here's my post...


Today I'm sharing a card I have made using the 'oh-soooo cute' Mama Elephant's, 'Ella & Friends'.


I fell in love with this set the second my eyes caught sight of it.  It feels like Elephants are everywhere at the moment, and I've gotta say - Ella is by far my favourite!  But you know what, it's Ella's friends who really make my heart skip a beat.  I just LOVE them, and can picture using them in so many different ways.  And here's my card -


  I love how sweet and naive the images in the Ella set are, and wanted to carry that theme through my card.  So, after stamping out my scene, I coloured it using Spectrum Noir pencils.  As I said, the little critters are my true stars, so I stamped Ella off the page to make them the main focus.  Once I'd finished colouring, I stamped out my sentiment, from the same set, in black ink and clear heat embossed.  To keep my card sweet and simple, I added only a little detail beneath my scene using Paper Smooches 'Dots and Dashes' die, and embellished using only a couple of clear gems to incorporate the bubble fun!  



I mounted onto an Avery Elle Notecard, from the Midnight Collection, in a beautiful smoky grey, off-setting it to one corner.  And there you have it.  A sweet and simple little scene using the cutest critters around!

I really hope you like it.  Everything I used is linked below so make you go have a peek!

See you next week.

Jillx

Ella & Friends        Midnight Collection Notecards (12 pack)       Dots and Dashes Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment