Monday 22 June 2015

Stars, Stripes, and Shakers...

Hi everyone,

Id love to share a card I have made for the current Lawnscaping Challenge, which this time around, in honour of the upcoming 4th July, is 'Stars and Stripes'.


And here's what I came up with...



So, obviously, it's a wee little shaker card!  I'm not sure if we're meant to be 'done' with shakers yet, if it's time to 'move on'...but I'm not, I refuse to, I ain't ever giving them up coz i love em'!


I started by creating my own patterned paper, stamping out a couple of different widths of stripes in blue and red, and adding the dashed line form Belinda's Borders in green.  I stamped out the little star from Trim the Tree, gave them all a cute little face from the Milk & Cookies set, coloured them all using alcohol markers, and cut them out.  I used the journal die to cut the centre out of my panel and added acetate and shaker tape behind to create my shaker space.  I added all my cute stars, some wood veneers, and backed with some delicious, sparkly, striped patterned paper.  My sentiment is from the Chit Chat set, and is stamped on black card, heat embossed in white powder, and cut out.  I embellished with a scattering of die cut black hearts, and there you have it.
A simple, stripey, star filled, shaker :)

I really hope you like it.

See you next time.

Jillx


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun starry shaker card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this shaker card is INCREDIBLE!!! i loooooooove the stamped stars mixed with the wood veneers!! so clever!! and the colors with that bold diagonal stripes...wow!!! i LOVE this so much!!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete