Friday 30 October 2015

Christmas Elf to Birthday Pixie

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and today, I'm mixing up a brand new Christmas set...


By taking the cutest little Christmas elf out there, and changing her into the cutest little Birthday Pixie...


I have no doubt you are all in the same boat as me, whereby we want NEEEED all the newest sets as soon as they're released, but obviously we don't all have a bottomless pit of money, so sadly, we need to reason with ourselves make excuses on how we can justify our spends haha.  And, again, if you're anything like me, no time does this come more into play, than with the Christmas releases.  They're always awesome, always adorable, and always impossible to resist - but because you only use them once a year - it makes it all the more important to be able to stretch them.  So that's what I've hoped to do for you today.


I used Mama Elephant's 'Chrismtas Spirit' set, changing it up into a little 'Happy Birthday' scene.  I die-cut a panel of card into various pieces to create my scene, using Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio, and Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border, watercolour washed them, and die-cut a circle from it.  I also die-cut a circle from by plain white background panel  and in-laid my scene into it.  I then stamped out my little cute character and several presents from the 'Christmas Spirit' set, and a couple of balloons from Paper Smooches Hullabaloo set.  I then watercoloured and fussy cut them all and built up my scene using foam adhesive.  I then stamped out my sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Woodland Gifts' set.  I added some black strings to my balloons, mounted onto black card to make my scene 'pop', and there you have it.


I hope this has gave you the excuse you need to get EVERYTHING you want haha - Go on, you deserve it - there's always other ways to stretch our sets :)

As always, everything is linked below, so be sure to have a peek in store.

See you next week.

Jillx

Christmas Spirit  Woodland Gifts  Landscape Trio Creative Cuts  

Grassy Border Die  Hullabaloo

1 comment:

  1. Just toooo cute, Jill. LOVE what you've done with the grassy border - so clever!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete