Friday 9 October 2015

Pretty Paisley Patterns...

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and today I've got two cards for you...


Using the same stamp, in the same way, creating the same style, but resulting in two very different looks...


I used Wplus9's Paisley Patterns to create my cards.  I have had this stamp set for so long, and, every time I look at it, I love it...but was still to actually make something with it!  Shocking, I know.  So about blumming time, I showed it some love.


I concentrated on my background for both of my cards.  Heat embossing, in white, on karft card on one; and stamping out in colourful Hero Arts inks on the other.  You get loads of stamps in this set, and can build the patterns up in so many different ways, so many possibilities in one set.  I filled in all my empty space with the gorgeous little flourish stamps in the set, and added a touch of clear heat embossing to the Kraft card. 
I then used Wplus9's Hand Lettered Thanks Die, and cut it from the front of each panel.  I cut it several times, from scrap card, to build it up, and in-laid it back in.  I then cut the same die from vellum, covered on both sides in Stick-It.  I added the vellum to the top of the die-cut, added a layer of white glitter over the top, and sealed it all in with a layer of Glossy Accents.
I embellished the kraft card with a scattering of pearls, and the colourful card with a scattering of sequins, and there you have it.  Two, pretty  much, identically built cards, but two very different looks.



I hope you like them.  As always, everything I used is linked below, so be sure to go have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Paisley Patterns  Hand Lettered Thanks DieHero Arts Inks Stick It Die Cutting Adhesive Sheets (pack of 5) Small

No comments:

Post a Comment