Wednesday 16 March 2016

Getting to grips with The Greeting Farm...

Hi everybody,

I'm sharing a first today...my first time EVER playing with the absolutely gorgeous Greeting Farm stamps.  I'm obviously a late comer to these amazing stamps, and was turned onto them by the awesome Kristina Werner, I just couldn't believe I had never seen them before...it was definitely love at first sight!  We can't get them here in the UK, so I got me some from the one and only Simon Says Stamp...and now I just want neeeeeeed them all :)

So I thought it would be fun to 'pop my cherry' by playing along with their monthly challenge, The Farm Fresh Challenge, where March's theme is...Animals Rule!

And here's my card...


I used the Purfect Cats set to make my card.  Just the cutest little chubby kitty images in all the world!


I started by stamping out my images - the little kitty's, the cute cupcake, a little log/post, and the fluffy clouds (both from Mama Elephant sets), coloured with Copics, and fussy cut them all.  I then inked up by back ground using Distress Inks to create a pretty Spring sky.  I cut a few different layers of Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die, and started to build up my scene.  I wanted it to look like the cute cats were bouncing and jumping around trying to get the cupcake off the post so added some boingy/springy marks to the scene to add the suggestion.  I stamped my sentiment into one of my clouds and clear heat embossed, then adhered everything in place using a mix of wet glue and foam adhesive for a little dimension.


I matted my panel onto a piece of black card, then mounted the whole thing onto a kraft card base and there you have it.  I thoroughly enjoyed my first play with these cool stamps, and now can't wait to build up my collection!

I really hope you like it, and would love to read any comments, so please feel free to leave one :)

Hopefully see you soon.

Jillx




1 comment:

  1. So glad you have dipped your toes into The Greeting Farm pool!! lol! This is totally adorable!!!! Thanks for joining us at TGF!!!

    ReplyDelete