Saturday 12 March 2016

Simple Springtime Stripes...

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share a card I have made for the current challenge going on over on the brilliant Lawnscaping blog, where this time round, it's all about a 'Splash of Colour'...I've loved this theme so much I couldn't stop making cards to play along with and have used up all my 3 lives haha.


And here's my card...


I wanted to create a really clean and fresh design to celebrate the fact that Spring is on it's way, and what says  'Spring' more than a nice simple stripe?!
I started by stamping out my little scene and sentiment, using elements from Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine, in Black Versafine Ink, and clear heat embossing.  I then masked off my open spaces using masking fluid and left to dry.  I wanted my stripes to be a clean, fresh 'Spearmint' colour, but didn't have anything that matched the vision in my head exactly, so I made my own by mixing Cracked Pistacio and Peacock Feather's Distress Inks.  I gave them a spritz of water and added my stripes across the front of my card, freehand, to add to the chilled airy vibe I was going for.  Once completely dry, I removed my masking fluid and added a slick of Wink of Stella in it's place, then covered in Glossy Accents.


I matted my panel onto a piece of black card, mounted the whole thing onto a white card base, and that was that.  I skipped embellishments to enhace the CAS design, although looking at it now I'm itching to add some clear sequins haha.

I really hope you like it, and would love to read your comments so please feel free to leave one :)

Hopefully see you next time,

Jillx




2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I really love the layout! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge.
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete