Friday 13 January 2017

Concentrating on a splash of colour!

 Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm playing with an oldie but a goodie....


...adding a nice bright splash of colour to my project using the classic, Mama Elephant's Up and Away.


I started with a piece of watercolour card and lightly stamped out the image I wanted to use into the top corner to set as a marker, and clear heat embossed a scattering of clouds, using Mama Elephant's Unicorns and Rainbows around the same area.  I then used my Zig Real Brush pens to scribble colour across that concentrated background, then went back in with a load of water and washed it all out.  To add a little more interest, I then went back in with some white and shimmer spray, and added a few flick and splashes.


On a separate piece of watercolour card, I stamped out my image again, and coloured using my Zigs (yes, it's a pretty strong addiction I have with them haha), and fussy cut.  I stamped out my sentiment from the same Up and Away set in the white space, and clear heat embossed to give a nice finish.  I then mounted my image back over my background using foam tape.  I was planning on cutting down the overlay to the same size as my panel, but I really loved how it looked hanging over so left if.


I then mounted my piece into the corner of a light grey card blank and there you have it.

I really hope you like it, and always, everything I have used is linked up below so be sure to go have a shop :)

See you next week.

Jillx

Up and Away Image 1Unicorns and RainbowsZig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (60 piece set)




No comments:

Post a Comment